If you just started (or plan to start) with slacklining, you have come to the right place. Here you will find all the information, tips and advice you'll need to learn how to slackline quickly and easily, one step at a time.
1. What is Slacklining – if you are a real slackline novice, this section will quickly explain to you what slacklining is and what are its disciplines. If you already know some basic facts, feel free to skip this.
2. Choose the best line for your needs – currently there are many different lines on the market – but with our guide, selecting the right one will be a piece of cake.
3. How to set it up – before you start walking, it is necessary to set the line up properly. At this section, we will go through all the main rigging methods you may come across.
4. Tree protection – there are several easy ways how to protect not only the trees but also your slackline – you can find them here, with their advantages and disadvantages.
5. Learn how to walk the line – learning a new skill is always difficult – but don't worry! Our guide with video and pictures will make it as easy as possible for you.
+ Slackline setup without trees – the easiest way how to rig a slackline is between two trees – but what if there aren’t any? Take a look at our list of alternative setup methods!
And what next?
After walking the line becomes a second nature to you, you'll probably begin to seek out more advanced and thrilling slacklining activities. And here they are:
- Tricklining – start with basic tricks such as turning around, walking backwards or a jumping mount, and then continue with more difficult stunts. Broadening your arsenal by learning new tricks and finding ways how to effectively link them into combos can become really addictive ;)